Brooklyn, NY / September 2022 - Present
New York, NY / January 2019 - August 2022
Director of Product Design - Intimates & Apparel
- Responsible for all non-footwear product categories, and non-footwear product diversification/expansion initiatives.
- Brought on to launch underwear category from scratch; worked cross-functionally to define category identity, product architecture, raw materials and select best-in-class manufacturers to create an underwear product that matches the outstanding comfort and quality that Bombas socks are known for- as well as specially designed donation product that meets the needs of the homeless community. (Launched Jan 2021)
- Maintain growth of underwear and apparel categories through real-time problem solving and re-strategizing in reaction to product demand and supply-chain uncertainties of the pandemic.
- Stay updated on innovation by attending trade shows, seminars, factory visits, and partnering with vendors to create first- to-market products with an emphasis on proprietary technology and patented inventions.
- Mentor and manage a team of designers with a philosophy of transparency, empowerment, and development of strategic thinking.
Awarded Time Magazine’s best inventions of 2022 “Underwear for good”
Two patented inventions with additional pending
New York, NY / April 2017 - December 2018
Designer - Intimates, Swimwear & Activewear
- Lead the design and development of Intimates, Swimwear and Activewear categories by analyzing market trends and translating seasonal concepts into a fully articulated line.
- Initiate seasonal color palette, print direction and fabric innovation that is aligned with brand image, and engineered to maximize value while maintaining cost.
- Create a consistent architecture for all categories by establishing block fits, signature materials, and a balanced penetration of core, key item and fashion styles in reaction to shifting trends and sales.
- Identify whitespace opportunities and implement strategies between cross-functional teams to successfully execute new ideas.
- Confidently lead all presentations to greater executive teams during milestone meetings.
Shilo Byrd Studio
Brooklyn, NY / December 2016 - April 2017
Senior Intimates Design & Development Specialist
- Manage and mentor the design and development team for all lingerie, loungewear, swimwear and activewear projects ranging from mass-market to luxury clientele. (2 direct reports)
- Meet with clients to determine market position, brand aesthetic and technical needs of each style while consulting on production feasibility, fabric choices, sourcing, and overall costing.
- Demonstrate workload management with efficient delegating of all tasks and timelines from initial designs and prototypes to final pattern revisions and consumer-acceptable samples.
- Attend all live-model fittings, track alterations or corrections and troubleshoot issues without compromising design vision.
New York, NY / March 2013 - April 2015
- Hired post internship to assist in the design of lingerie, loungewear, swimwear, surf wear and cover-ups.
- Aided in surface design, approved strike-off’s, lab dips, assigned/approved Pantones and print methods.
- Managed 3D design development by completing initial pattern drafting and sample making, direct communication with US based factories and technical liaison, tracking alterations, managing fittings, and troubleshooting construction issues on all pre-production samples.
- Assisted with production by calculating raw materials needed, sourcing and ordering fabrics and trims both locally and overseas, creating tech packs, cut tickets, and approving TOP samples.
- Lead the design development of two separate surf wear collaborations between Zinke and Free People.
Additional skills, experience & education
Academy of Art University
San Francisco, CA / May 2012
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Fashion Design
- Domestic & Overseas production
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
- Patternmaking and construction
- Luxury & Mass-market experience
- Management experience